Passenger Window Problems

cpk

My passenger window has been a bit intermittent and now it has stopped working altogether.

When I try there are no mechanical noises, just a click from the relay and no window movement. When it used to be intermittent it would either not work or work fine - no groans/scrapes/noises.

So today I tried putting some WD40 on the rubber seal and shift some of the grime on the seal (there is loads more than the drivers side) to see if that helps, it did seem to make a difference in about 10cm of travel - it went on its own in this area! I can get it to go down when pushing the switch and pushing on it and I can get it to go up by pulling it and using the switch (although it's not easy!). When I do this it groans a bit, but it did free it up in one area.

I'm going to take the panel off at the weekend and have a good poke about but has anyone had a similar problem - if so what was the solution!?

Any other opinions (educated or not!) will be appreciated.

Cheers.

I have the same problem, drivers side...reset procedure wont cure it....that is to re-programme the motor if the window drops on its own.

I havent tried cleaning the window motor yet but will give that a go....otherwise its a new motor :thumbdown: