Time to buy it!Where Amersham / High Wycombe area

alessandro

Hello,

I've been a member for couple of months now and I used this forum to get some ideas and tips on the Z.

In less than 10 days I'll be selling my golf GTI and than I'll be able to buy a Z :teeth:

I've got a 10K budget ( I know it's going to be tight ) and I'm looking for a 03 / 04 preferably in blue and has to be from a dealer because I'll have to trade in my current car.

Also looking at the Sales categoy I got a bit scared because few members are selling theirs because of the running cost, any idea on how much I'll be looking to spend on road tax service etc.. .

Insurance I should be ok I have been driving with an english driving licence for 4 yrs and have 5 yrs no claims.

thanks

Alex :thumbs:

Funnily enough I'm in exactly the same postion, with a GTi making way for a Z. Have you looked into part-ex prices yet? If not you may be in for a shock, I've been offered between £3K & £3.5K for mine, a 2004 GT TDi 150. Now I'm not unrealistic about what the car's worth but it's a lot more than that so I'll be selling privately - at least this gives the option to buy privately too which will get you more for your money if you don't mind losing the 'security' of buying from a dealer.

If you are worried about running costs maybe the Z isn't for you, whilst they're reliable they going to cost much more to run than a GTi, especially if it's a sootchucking torquemonster ;)

I went to a GTR Nissan dealer and asked 3/3.5K for my 02 64k GTI and got laughed at so not sure how much I'll be able to get.

Re running cost, I would be happy to save money on something else in order to get the car that I really want ( not sure if the girlfriend approuve :boxing: ).

Keep us up to date on your search