Nissan 350z reliability and $$

wanta350

Hello guys,

Was just telling my sis about my next dream car the 350z..she has a chat with her bf, who has had a chat with one of his mates that purchased a brand new UK 350z about a year ago...and spent £6-7000 on maintenance!!! B)

Now is she talking baloney here or what...apparently things went wrong during service checks....and his cambelt had issues.... :angry:

Can people offer some thoughts and feeling during their ownership of the Z please.

Thanks. :thumbs:

I say Baloney.

Firstly, if the car was a full UK spec and purchased new, any problems would be covered under the 3yr warranty. Unless, of course, they were due to abuse; fried clutch, lack of engine oil etc. (or crashes).

Also, the Z doesn't have cambelts - it has timing chains which will generally last the life of the engine.

£6-7000 on modifications I could believe, but not on maintainence.

Sounds like baloney to me too. As stated a UK car new would still be under warranty, so £6k's worth of parts would be under warranty.

Im guessing to hitthat figure it would need the gearbox and or engine to suffer badly - which would be fixed under warranty, unless the car was abused.

We have members who have taken their car on track days and given them some stick, but Ive not read of anyone sufering that kind of repair bill unless it was some sort of modification that blew the engine.