Variants

chr15g

Hey guys,

Sorry, as i already know this will have been covered a "few" times...

I'm still on the search for a Z, but the more i see,

I'm not sure that the GT in quite within the budget just now...

What are the main diffrences between the GT and the "Base" models?

I'm not too fussed about the leather interior to be honest,

as it'll probably end up getting changed for something else eventually anyway!!

Any links to any previous posts would be greeeeeeeeatly appreciated!!!!

:thumbs:

Thanks guys :teeth:

The main thing about it really is that other than a few interior bits and bobs its the same car! Some people get custom leather jobs and new head units anyway - so unless you're bothered about cruise control and warming your bum up I wouldn't worry. :)

Whats your budget Chris? You are better off with a GT if you intend to keep it relatively standard :teeth:

If you want to put bucket seats in and change the steering wheel then there's no point spending the extra on a GT unless you can find one of them bargains that i kept missing out there :lol:

The main problem is that i have outstanding finance on my current car,

therefor i'm realistically going to be adding a few grand to the price of the car that i find, to balance it out...

There are loads of 350's for around the 10k mark now, most with good mileage too!!!

I don't want an Auto, but like you said, i'll probably end up buying one of these custom Sat Nav units from the guys on here, and i'd more than likely opt for some different bucket seats eventually too.

I'm not fussed about keeping its re-sale value, as no matter what you do, your never going to get as much as you'd like for a car anyway!!! :)

I know Astra's are rather different, but i've managed to upgrade LOADS just from ebay and owners clus,

i.e. better interior, wheels, kit etc etc...

I'm sure the 350 won't be too different!!!

Does the "Base" model come with the telephone unit mentioned in a few posts???

To be honest i've never even sat ina 350 yet, as i can't seem to find a decent one to test drive anywhere near me!!!

So if anyone stays in the Edinburgh area, and fancies showing off, gimme a PM ;)

Thanks for the replies though here guys :D

Chris

I'm not sure about the base model having the bluetooth, but if you are going to mod it then one of the first things to do is rip the stereo out and get something descent in there. Most aftermarket radio's these days have bluetooth. Plus of course Nurrish's custom jobbie :thumbs:

I have another question that may sound daft to some of you...

I'm seeing alot of Automatic 350's for sale, and they are generally cheaper than the manual variants...

Is there a reason for this?

are they any slower?

I've also tried searching on here for info re: the Tiptronic system,

as i'm unsure what it actually is!!!

Are these cars semi-automatic, with a sort of override setting?

If so, how does it actually work?

I seen a post about someone going to install a paddleshift, so obviously you wont have that to change the gears to start with!!

Sorry for all the questions, i'm sure i'll learn eventually!!!!

yes its a manual overide up and down shift you get on a lot of autos. I used to have a jag with it - was useful doing a standing start on a hill in ice as you could stop the wheels spinning by putting it into second gear. :lol: Any auto will also be an import as they are not available in the uk market.

Nice..... maybe a manual isn't such a bad idea then....

60% of my journey to work is on the motorway, and the rest is extremely windy, but quite fast B roads...

(Whenever i get the car, any locals will have to come for a wee drive to the border ;)!!!!)