BOSE stereo dropping left/sub channel *solved*

nrenz123

My stereo has rescently started dropping the left and sub channel while playing cd's which has been really annoying me. As a temporary solution i worked out very technically trhat if i wacked the bose unit to the left of the cassette player then then the left/sub channel would come back... all be it untill the next bump in the road or whenver it felt like.

I did the Aux in mod to my stereo the other day and while i had the unit apart i though it see if i could work out the intermittent fault. i looked for connections to the left of the stereo coming from the cd player and found a white ribbon cable. I pulled out the cable and firmly pushed it back into the connector and i am pleased ot say that the problem has gone away.

I didnt take any pics but i found these from the aux in guide, the white ribbon cable is in the red circled area, you cant miss it.

Bose2.jpg

Bose6.jpg

Dont know if anyone else had any problems like this but if you do then give this a try :).

Nath