Tiptronic or Manual?

MAXlMUS

Im sure this hase been asked before so forgive my ignorance.

What are the main differences between manual and tip?...mpg,acceleration and reliabilty.

Also do nissan make their own gearboxes or are they some other manufacturers?

Gratz Max

Difference between a manual and a tip? One's an automatic car, and the other's a manual :lol:

I've had a tiptronic for almost 2 years now, and i love it. It drives very well, and i can get anything between 16 and 31 mpg depending on how im driving and the roads im on.

The auto-box is very good... and the tiptronic mode is very useful when going for a b-road blast!

That said, i do occasionally wish i had a manual, but not often.

Difference between a manual and a tip? One's an automatic car, and the other's a manual :lol:

I've had a tiptronic for almost 2 years now, and i love it. It drives very well, and i can get anything between 16 and 31 mpg depending on how im driving and the roads im on.

The auto-box is very good... and the tiptronic mode is very useful when going for a b-road blast!

That said, i do occasionally wish i had a manual, but not often.

Tiptronic is an import, UK spec cars are all manuals :thumbs:

In just under 2 years on this forum, i've only ever read about 1 auto gearbox problem... and im sure that was just a piece of plastic that had snapped and was stopping the lever move...!

.. thats not to say that there havent been other failures... i've just not read about them :lol:

Speaking to a sales consultant in Dublin Nissan California today. He explained that the triptronic in the Z are slow compared to other car makes ie Porsche, and the manual is the better option (not that many manuals in USA). I did get to sit in the new GTR for sale also!! 20,000 miles and $70,000 @1.60 to the £. :p After sitting in some old American cars, old Corvettes with over 800 bhp, it was a different experience. (I have plenty pictures, that I will try posting when I`m home)

I had a Tiptronic Mitsubishi FTO (It had manual override - not full auto). I now have a manual 350z.

It was great for lazy stuck in traffic driving, and was pretty quick at gear change on request. Of course you wont get any clutch control. The tiptronic (on the FTO) has too much of a tendency to behave none predictably. Many times it was simply in the wrong gear for the conditions. Also, if you get stuck in mud you are shafted! - there was no way of pulling off in third gear which was the only way to get up this muddy incline the once! Ive no idea if this is common on all Tip gearboxes - anyone? Having said that ive tried my manual 350z on a slight snowy incline and that was terrible anyway due to being RWD.

Did i miss manual - sometimes. Would i get another Tiptronic - no. Much prefer the manual. The gearbox died in the end, but even so, the manual is better IMO - gives you greater control.