Traction control and throttle noise??

H5

Hi,

Couple of (hopefully) quick ones......

At about 80 (on the speedo! :) ) with my foot on the throttle at all, there seems to be almost a whistling noise coming from the passenger side, near the dash maybe or engine bay. Anyone recognise this??

Also, does the traction control generally kick in much earlier than the physical grip limits normally? I haven't driven much without it on, but I'm cornering at speeds I know my old Volvo and Focus wwould be fine at and the light is flashing away merrily. Is this normal?

Cheers.

Hi,

Couple of (hopefully) quick ones......

At about 80 (on the speedo! :) ) with my foot on the throttle at all, there seems to be almost a whistling noise coming from the passenger side, near the dash maybe or engine bay. Anyone recognise this??

Is the window shut properly/ std air filter???

Also, does the traction control generally kick in much earlier than the physical grip limits normally? I haven't driven much without it on, but I'm cornering at speeds I know my old Volvo and Focus wwould be fine at and the light is flashing away merrily. Is this normal?

I'd say so

Cheers.

Window fully shut and standard air filter - I wouldn't mind the latter!! :p

As for the noise, it's definitely throttle related as it goes when I lift off and comes back at the slightest touch.

As for the traction control, anyone know of a disused airfield in the Thames Valley for some testing???

As for the noise, it's definitely throttle related as it goes when I lift off and comes back at the slightest touch.

As for the traction control, anyone know of a disused airfield in the Thames Valley for some testing???

Something else for the dealer 2 look at then mate :blush:

I had a similar thing mate with my drivers side, but only noticed at higher speeds but I reckon it'll be the same. Get someone in the passenger seat and get them to look at the window when you can hear it, then press the window up button on that side and see if it moves. Mine was dropping very very slightly which meant that you could hear wind noise but as it was a tiny gap it was more like the whistle you describe. Fixed by stealer by reseating the window :thumbs:

I had a similar thing mate with my drivers side, but only noticed at higher speeds but I reckon it'll be the same. Get someone in the passenger seat and get them to look at the window when you can hear it, then press the window up button on that side and see if it moves. Mine was dropping very very slightly which meant that you could hear wind noise but as it was a tiny gap it was more like the whistle you describe. Fixed by stealer by reseating the window :thumbs:

Ditto :)

Cheers guys, will try it. Only worry is that it's definitely throttle related. As soon as I rest my foot on the pedal, it does it. I can take my foot off at the same speed and it stops. Even does it with the cruise control on!

No, she's too scared to get in now...! :D

The dealer has taken a look at the window and re-seated it and it's still noisy. It's even starting to do it at lower speeds. I think it may be a high pitched alternator whine at certain engine speeds.

On the bright side, the steering wheel is now pointing in the same direction as the wheels and the dash lights dim when the headlights are on.

But I now have a big double din hole in the dash. Apparently Clarion want the old unit back within 5 days of sending the old one or they bill Nissan 700 euros. So they've taken mine.....

And the Note is one horrendous vehicle....... :yuck:

No, she's too scared to get in now...! :D

But I now have a big double din hole in the dash. Apparently Clarion want the old unit back within 5 days of sending the old one or they bill Nissan 700 euros. So they've taken mine.....

Thats bollocks. They tried to do that to me with my HU and I told them to go jump. Why should you go without for one second cos of fault that they should be rectifying? :rant:

Completely agree mate. But since I'm going on holiday it can have the hole as far as I'm concerned.

I'm more pi$$ed with them giving me Note....!

I know mate they gave me this:

NissanNote001.jpg

Complete with kiddie drawings down the side :thumbdown::rant:

Completely agree mate. But since I'm going on holiday it can have the hole as far as I'm concerned.

I'm more pi$$ed with them giving me Note....!

I know mate they gave me this:

NissanNote001.jpg

Complete with kiddie drawings down the side :thumbdown::rant:

I find its always best getting one like this, ie with a load of garage stuff etched all over it, shows people it aint yours!!!

Ha ha, mine had the same, but came in prime Blue!! The looks I got at work were shock, followed by laughter then a smile as they realised it wasn't my latest mad idea......

But jees, what are they thinking?? Even more disappointing to see the Z computer in the thing!! :scare:

It's the whole 'Ferrari with Fiat Punto side repeaters' thing..... :wacko: