Time to say goodbye to the Zed.....

andyvvc

Well, after 1.5 years of trouble free motoring, the time may have come for me to get rid of the Zed.

Although i was always happy with the build quality and the 'kudos' of driving a Zed (hardly ever see one, get flashed by other owners etc), i was always a little disappointed with the power. My old 200sx was "very fast" whereas the Zed is just "fast"

I made the tragic mistake of test driving two Imperza STI's and an M3 a few weeks ago. The STI PPP spec Impreza (although it has a chav image) was stunning. Stupidly quick and the grip in the corners was unreal. The M3 was another league again - SMG gearbox set at "agressive" saw me screaming down the road. Much faster than the Zed. Shame again about the image that comes with a BMW...

I'm trying to get a test drive on an 07 plate 309bhp Zed to see how far off the M3 the last Zed's were. Im running the 276bhp model so the extra oomph might see me sell the current Zed and buy a newer one B)

Anyone out there with the last revision of the Zed who has perhaps owned an earlier model before that? How does it compare to earlier models in terms of power - any real difference?

...or maybe i will strip all the interior out of my Zed and go on a diet to save weight ? :bangin:

I know what you mean. I think a well sort 200 is a hard act to follow. The z is a nice car, but doesn't seem to excite. It had always planned to 'upgrade' to the 313PS after about a year of owning the 276, but might have to delay it for a bit longer now.

The 350z is still a nice car so I would have a go in the 313 before joining the burberry hat brigade!

Anyone out there with the last revision of the Zed who has perhaps owned an earlier model before that? How does it compare to earlier models in terms of power - any real difference?

Yes, real difference but still not in the M3 league or feeling as fast as a turbo'd Scooby.

Cheeky question - anyone living near Notts/Derby with a 309bhp Zed? If i pop over in my older Zed, could i blag a short drive out as a passenger in the 309bhp version? Happy to pay for fuel :) I am tempted to get one *if* I can find one at a good price.