Models, Prices sweetspot - Where is it?

M5Sime

Hi All,

I have been on the hunt for a Zed for some weeks now and things have gone a little quiet... Started me thinking..

I have really convinced myself I need an 06 MY (and all the tweaks inc engine, steering, interior etc). I really like the look of the 07MY (57 plate onwards) with the latest engine and the bonnet hump..

However, the original model on a 53 etc plate is a good few K less.

I am not going to be much of a modder (stereo/exhaust/filter) and need to be relatively conservative

So... looking at the typical prices etc below, where is the swetspot?? 2006MY??

Assuming all are GT pack and Rays alloys, UK Cars

Late 2007 (57/08 plate) - Last MY (313) - Circa 17-18k

Late 2006 (56/07 plate) - Revised bits (300) - Circa 15-16k

Around 2003 (03/53 plate) model - Original model - Circa 11-12k

The latest 313 model is still going to depreciate a nasty amount with the impending 370z..

What about a Nissan approved with warranty (is this a good warranty??). I had a BMW Approved M5 and it was a nicely solid any little thing get it in and fixed....

I realise many of the people in this forum have imports or pre '06 models. I also know the GT4 Limited Edition represents something of a middle option...

Cheers

Sime

:teeth:

Was the question about what car to buy or the wtee? The thing missing on what to buy was the budget! But am guessing its 15k

If so, nissan dealer wtee is the AA one (some use the RAC) and no, its not as good as the beemer one! Its ok and covers you but you still have to pay parts of the costs, its almost like an insurance! Saying that though, I havnt really had to use it apart from for a window motor! But that was a deal fook up!

Hi

The main thrust was where is the second hand sweetspot in terms of best model and price..

Is the 06 MY that much better (considering the extensive mods)

Is the 07 MY worth the hit likely in depreciation (latest engine and revised intake)

Etc

Thanks for comments on Warranty... Does not sound that bullet proof then... Beemer and M5 one was pretty silver plated.. Had new ECU, Dash pod etc etc all FOC..

Cheers

Sime

I dont think many people have owned both models but on speaking to an owner on Sunday that had had that pleasure he said the 07MY was far better than his previous one which I think was an 04...

You can still get a brand spankers for about 20k, as I think there are a few left (call Dave at Marshalls for info on current stocks of brand new cars)... Considering its a 30k+ car and as is the 370z, I dont see them depriciating like a stone, its still a 10k difference so it should hold for a year or so, that is unless the govt bring in the uprated tax and then we are all proper fooked!