Seriously Fast car

Liam's Z

Guest prescience

To answer your question, consider that the peak power of the Audi is 410 at 7800 against about 400 at 6500 for a Vortech. That equates to more torque at the wheels earlier in the power band, plus there will be more losses crank-wheel in a 4wd set-up. Added to the extra 100kg for the RS4 and other than away from the line (where traction would be your enemy) it would be a much closer match ;)

To answer your question, consider that the peak power of the Audi is 410 at 7800 against about 400 at 6500 for a Vortech. That equates to more torque at the wheels earlier in the power band, plus there will be more losses crank-wheel in a 4wd set-up. Added to the extra 100kg for the RS4 and other than away from the line (where traction would be your enemy) it would be a much closer match ;)

Thanks Dorian :thumbs:

No harm in trying, but I am not surprised in the outcome at all! The Audi RS range are all animals. Very solid cars, very good handling, and very very fast.

But they arent lookers are they. They are for people who need or want the practicality of a 4 door estate/saloon, but still want a sports car.

But with a price when new at around 50k - you would expect something special.:blush:

Guest prescience

That's cheap :thumbs: how much to fit???

You got to get it here of course so shipping and 23%. I paid alsmost exactly the same base price and got it to my door for £3567

Alternatively these guys here in the UK, but can't personally vouch for them http://www.nsracing.com/japanese%20_app_guide.htm .

I would personally go Forged Internals and ask them to throw in a spare cog and serpentine belt as part of the deal.

With no hitches (and no gauges), Abbey should get it on and running for you for about £800. NS Racing apparently can fit as well but, I could only recommend Abbey personally.

Guest prescience

It depends. personally I would strip the kit off and sell separately, so it depends on whether you own up ;)

To de-install is very easy and costs about £400. The only trace left on the car will be

= a virtually undetectable hole in the upper oil pan where the Vortech oil line feeds

= a cut out of the engine cover where the serp belt runs; you can either run without cover from the outset (hence no cut) or purchase another as I have done (from Funkystyling for £50)

= if you purchase the autosport wiring harness (might have seen one advertised VERY recently ;) ;)) no need to cut any wires either

You can always PM me for more details

I'll leave you with this thought, install a Vortech S/C and you'll NEVER be 'seriously punished' by an RS4 again