CANBUS

lewis

Does the 350z use a canbus system of any sort or is it a simple ECU system?

What I want to know is if I take a engine and harness/ECU etc from a donor vehicle will I need all of the other modules from around the car to operate the engine?

I know its a odd question but I want to build a engine on a rig and get it running.

Cheers

if it is (which im sure someone with more knowledge than me will tell you), i think you can take a module off as long as you replace it with the appropriate resistor as a terminator of the stub.. but im sure someone will be along shortly who knows more :thumbs: maybe 60ohms?

Just been told Ill need the keys, NATS module and ECU from the same vehicle to make it work.

Does any one know where you can buy off the shelf complete Engine harness/ECU kits to run the engines?

Actually I'm pretty sure you can get the ECU to forget the previous car by using a NATS code. Nissan can reprogram the ECU by using a code on the ignition barrel. (second hand info BTW) PM ZMANALEX, he knows EVERYTHING!! :lol: