Audi S8 GTI INTERNATIONAL SHOW CAR

Race Valeting

Today I had booked in a 97/98 Audi S8 for a correction detail and ome touch ups.

The car was dropped off at the unit lunchtime and by the time i'd dropped the owner back and got back to start was around 2pm.

The car was rolled outside and washed using the usual methods, then clayed using zaino, the paintwork was very clean and hardly any contaminations at all just some swirls and RDS and some scuffs/stone chips which were touched in.

Just a couple of teaser pics for tonight as im shattered and didn't leave the unit till 10:30pm tonight, be back there again at 7 to get started and finish her off.

DSC_0830.jpg

DSC_0841.jpg

Heres the scuff which is being touched in:

DSC_0788.jpg

There was quite alot of defects like this, looks like its from a dirty pad.

DSC_0800.jpg

And this is how she was looking when I called it a night:

DSC_0849.jpg

DSC_0847.jpg

DSC_0851.jpg

Thanks for looking and full write up coming tomorrow once i've finished, but thought i'd show a few teasers......

Today I carried on with the correction work,

Befores:

DSC_0856.jpg

DSC_0858.jpg

DSC_0859.jpg

DSC_0860.jpg

DSC_0861.jpg

DSC_0862.jpg

DSC_0864.jpg

And this is that scuff and the back bumper after its first bit of paint, this was applied via a tooth pick building up the layers until just proud, then rubbed down using Abralon 2000/4000 pads by hand.

DSC_0863.jpg

This is it polished and then the lacquer applied this time by cotton stock to getting a better coverage, this was then rubbed down again using the 2000/4000 and then polished again.

and this is it all finished and after the Dodo Purple Haze wax applied

DSC_0891.jpg

Once all the correction was done, the car was then wiped down using IPA, Next up was the 1st coat of Dodo PH applied by applicator and left to cure for 15 mins before buffing.

Next up all the rubber and plastic trim was dressed using raceglaze colour enhance dressing, next up was to clean/dress the arches and wheels and polish using Z aio and then seal using Zaino CS, tyres were dressed using megs endurance 2 coats.

Final touches the exhaust polished using megs nxt and the glass cleaned.

Now time to roll outside for some finished shots:

DSC_0874.jpg

DSC_0875.jpg

DSC_0876.jpg

DSC_0877.jpg

DSC_0878.jpg

DSC_0879.jpg

DSC_0881.jpg

The rolled back inside for the night and a few nice reflection shots taken:

DSC_0887.jpg

DSC_0888.jpg

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0890.jpg

DSC_0892.jpg

DSC_0893.jpg

DSC_0894.jpg

DSC_0898.jpg

DSC_0886.jpg

The car will be getting another coat of PH in the morning and a spritz with some z8 before the owner collects at lunchtime.

Total time is 19 hrs

Paul

Looks good - how does a show car get in that state?

19 hours = nice invoice!

Hi Nick

To be fair it didn't look too bad with all the previous wax etc on the car as it covered/masked a few of the marks, It is show on the A8 OC stand at a few shows throughout the year but the owner wanted it profesionally detailed as he couldn't quite get the results with the PC.

Paul