New member! What should I be looking for?

Hey dudes, I'm Rob - I run the Mk3OC (Astra Mk3 Owner's Club) - this is my car (mind-numbing 1.4 8v at the mo, 2l on TB's awaiting insertion :D). Bumpers being painted very soon, and looking for a new spoiler (mine flew off at 110 down the M3....)

CIMG3375.jpg

CIMG3376.jpg

and before...

CIMG3314.jpg

CIMG3321.jpg

Anyhooooo... my old man's getting to that stage in life where he wants a sport's car, and has his heart set on a 350Z.

Saw one today at a local dealersip for £22k - 05 reg, 21k miles ... is this about right?

Also, what should we be looking for when test driving it? Gave it a quick skim over today... unlike Astras, they're not riddled with rust and faded paint, so that's okay! What are the most common faults or things to keep an eye out for?

It's a GT (not GT-4, I don't think) ... what does that include/not include? Allllssooo, where's the best tuning sites to look for stuff? Good ol' Demon Tweeks? (or be a chav - soak the bodywork in superglue, and crash into Halfrauds :D )

Cheers guys!

Rob

:welcome:

the search button is your friend, you have sooooooooo much info on all your questions ;):D

try searching for "GT+Pack" and "used+350Z" and have a nose in the forums such as "performance" for performance stuff, "styling" for exterior mods etc etc.

PS the price sounds about right, I would say.

Hi,

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market i.e. import

If you have a read through a few threads in the modifications>performance section you will find loads of info on various ways of squeezing more power from the Z.

Also, have a look in the technical section for various threads on issues which have affected peoples Z's.

A couple that spring to mind are the left front speaker cutting out on CD playing - so take a CD with you to the dealer. And clicking rear axles on older cars, both of which should be sorted underthe warranty.

You could also stick "problem" into the search function, that may bring up a few discussions on various issues.

Any other questions just shout up - we will all be happy to help a potential new owner.