New brake pads?

Nick U

It will soon be time to replace my brake pads. :thumbdown:

Obviously this is the ideal time to upgrade to something better.....if indead it is worth doing. I would probably want something that is good for 'aggresive road driving', if you get what I mean :D

Anyone changed there pads for anything else? And is there a lot of difference with just changing the pads?

Any recomends on makes would be appriciated.

It will soon be time to replace my brake pads. :thumbdown:

Obviously this is the ideal time to upgrade to something better.....if indead it is worth doing. I would probably want something that is good for 'aggresive road driving', if you get what I mean :D

Anyone changed there pads for anything else? And is there a lot of difference with just changing the pads?

Any recomends on makes would be appriciated.

I changed mine to EBC Redstuff all round and they were fantastic!! To be fair though I have only ever experienced the standard ones to compare with the EBC ones :blush:

Red stuff whilst being better than oems are decent for street (day to day) driving. If you want some more performance try yellow stuff pads or DF2500s. Both are quite good and good bite from the cold too....

Sarnie, did you experience any troubles with braking while the pads were still cold? And how's the brake dust settling compared to stock?

The only trouble I had was getting used to how bloody quick they stopped the car :teeth:

The brake dust is miles better as well. After a week or two the standard ones lcan leave a very thick soot like residue on the Rays which is not good :angry:

Sarnie, did you experience any troubles with braking while the pads were still cold? And how's the brake dust settling compared to stock?

The only trouble I had was getting used to how bloody quick they stopped the car :teeth:

The brake dust is miles better as well. After a week or two the standard ones lcan leave a very thick soot like residue on the Rays which is not good :angry:

I thought you were on holiday Sarnie, cant we even get rid of you for a week? :p;)