Dashboard blackout pt2!

ftastic

Hi guys,

Thanks all for all the replies i recieved last week on my dashboard blackout issue, very helpful so far.

I tried the link on here to reset the ecu with no luck, it could be that beacause some of the lights are inactive i am not getting the required flashing responses.

So i called Nissan and asked them how much to reset the ecu, they said it's not something they do, but to beware, if a mechanic does reset it and cocks it up, then it will be £1650 for a new ecu....

I have it booked in tomorrow at basingstoke Nissan but it sounds like the will just use process of elimination to identify the fault..which sounds like it's going to cost me! :o

So the question is, does anyone know anyone in the south east (Reading, Basingstoke, Bracknell area) that could reset my ecu? I have checked yell.com and the net and can only find the manual reset which as i said isn't working for me.

Cheers! any info, please email me at andy.goodwin@rsa.com

:bang:

Do you mean reset or reflash the ECU? I live about 2 mins drive from Basingstoke Nissan and have an OBDII reader which should be able to reset the ECU, but if you cannot do it via the pedals and key I'm not sure it will work. But hey we can give it go! I can do it tonight if you are around Basingstoke? Reflashing the ECU is a whole new ball game, never heard of anyone doing that other than for remapping purposes.

Basingstoke Nissan will rape you a treat for doing the work if its on a hourly basis, but I dont know any local experts at the required level to sort this for you unfortunately.

Hi guys,

Thanks very much for this! very helpful. I have an issue tonight and tomorrow with getting over due to work commitments but i could pop over Thursday evening or Friday if that suits you?, would be worth a go i think.

Other option from some other boards mention disconnecting the battery overnight but im not sure that'll work though, might try that tonight.

I am happy to pay you for the use of your gadget?

Andy

Not able to do it Thursday evening as I'm busy unfortunately, but Friday evening I should be about, where abouts are you based? Alternatively, its the Chilli's mod(s) day this coming Sat/Sun if you can hold out and make it to Chobham? Plenty of people with experience going to be there.

Dont worry about payments, thats what the community is for :thumbs:

Hi mate,

Change of plan! sorry to mess u about! :o, can now come tonight but it will be around 8-8.30, is that ok for you?

If not, Friday still ok.

I live in hartley wintney.

If ok for tonight please let me know

Hi mate,

Change of plan! sorry to mess u about! :o, can now come tonight but it will be around 8-8.30, is that ok for you?

If not, Friday still ok.

I live in hartley wintney.

If ok for tonight please let me know

Sorry just caught this. Had a poke about with the OBDII reader and it looks like it will only read and clear CEL light, and not do a full ECU reset. You'd need to do it with the pedals (which appears not to be working) or get Nissan to hook up CONSULT to it and do it that way. Looks like you'll need to goto Nissan after all. :thumbdown: