Camera help

srobrien

Hey I bought a rear view camera for my F900BT HU, I have hooked it up via a temporary power supply (cigarette lighter plug spliced onto camera power lead). Now I have tested the power supply with the fluke and I am getting 12.5v to the camera which is fine. I have it plugged in to the headunit via the "rearview camera" RCA plug, but for the life of me I cannot get an image on the HU?!?! dunno whats going on? The camera might be knackered but there's really no way of being sure.

R

Hi,

If it is connected to the "Rearview Camera" RCA plug generally you also need to connect the reverse wire on the head unit to 12V so that the RCA input is enabled. For automatic operation the reverse wire on the HU is connected to the reverse light circuit so that every time you put the car into reverse, the HU switches to the reverse cam input.

If you have other spare RCA video inputs you could plug the cam in there (temporarily) and switch to one of those manually just to test the camera.

I hope this helps.