2009 Pioneer Headunit

whitey

Hello,

Has anyone fitted one of the new 2009 Pioneer headunits to their 350z?

I am fitting a AVH-P4100DVD and have a problem with the steering remote. I am using the ICT 29-674 lead and have tried both the 29-007 and 29-008 adaptor leads but cannot get the steering wheel switches to work correctly, with the 29-008 lead the volume works correctly but the seek up switches down and the seek down increases the volume!

I had an older Pioneer unit fitted before so i know the loom is working correctly.

I am wondering if I need a different adaptor for this unit.

Any suggestions??

Just had the Pioneer AVIC-F900BT fitted in mine and exactly the same problem the controls now working

The place that fitted it could not figure out why at all and even said if i got it sorted to let them know.

Resigned to fact they not going to work

My controls are working, there just not all doing the correct function. Think i'll try and ring InCarTec who make the harnesses, i'm sure it's something stupid like a wire the wrong way round.

the audio place who did mine did it whilst on the phone to incartec and couldnt get anything to work

i dont know exactly what leads i used as i got creative car sounds in north london to do it. again i would recommend them to anybody as they will sort you out with absolutely unbelievably good service and advice.

managed to get volume up and down to work and mute, but only one of the seeks work. but i can live with that! main thing is volume.

I got the 29-007 for my F900BT.

The cable I got was wired as follows:

--1----3---5----7----9----11

GREY-RED-I----I------------

----------PINK-BLUE---------

------------I-----I-----------

--2----4---6----8----10---12

BLACK

Notice that the wire bridging Pins 7&8 is actually surplus to demand so I removed it. The wheel control works perfectly now.

If you look at the cable from behind they should be wired like the following.

--1----3-----5----7----9----11

GREY-RED--I-----------------

----------PINK---------------

--------------I-----------------

--2----4-----6----8----10---12

BLACK

I can't understand why they would have the extra blue wire, even with the 008 models the wires are supposed to bridge 7&8 and 9&10......

Hope this helps somebody.

R

Yes with my old FH-P80BT the wiring was just the same and it worked perfectly, it's when i've fitted the new AVH-P4100DVD it won't work, if tried adding another wire like the 29-008 cable but still having problems.

Begining to resign myself to the fact that the ITC adapter and harness are not compatable with the latest Pioneer models. So fustraiting when you've forked out all that money!!

Hello,

Just spoke to a helpful bloke at InCarTec and he seems to think that Pioneer may have changed the wired remote input configuration on the new models, i have sent him my harness to be modified and tested.

I'll update when i receive it back to let you know the solution.