Glen Fruin Road

Gurjeet

Me driving my Nissan 350z on the Glen Fruin Road near Loch Lomond, voted one of the best driving roads in Britain. Chased by my mate in his Type R, soundtrack provided by Muse with 'Knights of Cydonia' and my passenger with his inane banter.

Tremendous day, vid possibly does not do it justice, the gradients have to be seen to be believed.

Still pics to follow shortly

I've not done that road in ages,

used to love it on my 125cc bike but now

to be honest i doubt i'd rate it in my top 5 roads.

If you had gone straight at the roundabout, you'd get the loch long road, fantastic rollercoaster ride!

p.s your passenger was the worst bit of the video!! lol

Fortunately, I dont get sound at work, so I think I've saved on your passenger and his "extravagence"!

Lovely scenery, but I wouldnt rate that as a driving road, just too open and straight for me. Weather and views looked cracking though! And some of those bikers need to learn road handling skills, they were far too close to the white lines! :scare:

Next time you have half a day to spare,

try this route

Click for map

end part will be part of the meet at the end of the month (tried to get jay to make the meet do the whole route but might be a bit long for some)

Yes, I have been round that way on drives at weekends many times and it's a cracking drive.

I stayed just outside of Drymen for 3 years and it's a lovely drive up by there, had many many races up by the queens view. In the summer you get loads of bikers, had one guy overtake me along the queens view going about 80mph doing a wheelie.......some of those guys are nuts but a joy to watch them going right over on their knee taking a tight bend while I am standing on the brake :drive1