Rear Dampers

mac1984

Hey all,

I've had a faint knocking noise from the passenger rear wheel area. It doesn't happen all the time, sounds similar to the spare wheel being loose. I have removed the spare wheel and tried it but the noise is still there. Just removed both rear wheels and checked for anything loose, all ok. Hit the damper body with the palm of my hand and you get a metallic kind of noise possibily sounds like something is loose inside the damper. Checked the other side and no such noise, seems strange as dampers normally start knocking when the oil has leaked out and there is no signs at all of any damper oil leak.

How much are rear dampers and where is the best place to get hold of them? I take it they must be replaced in pairs like most cars?

Thanks

Glen.

Hey all,

I've had a faint knocking noise from the passenger rear wheel area. It doesn't happen all the time, sounds similar to the spare wheel being loose. I have removed the spare wheel and tried it but the noise is still there. Just removed both rear wheels and checked for anything loose, all ok. Hit the damper body with the palm of my hand and you get a metallic kind of noise possibily sounds like something is loose inside the damper. Checked the other side and no such noise, seems strange as dampers normally start knocking when the oil has leaked out and there is no signs at all of any damper oil leak.

How much are rear dampers and where is the best place to get hold of them? I take it they must be replaced in pairs like most cars?

Thanks

Glen.

Glen,

I can help you with this as I have loads of pairs of rear shocks which have been removed as a result of Suspension Upgrades.

If you want to go the preowned route and save some hard earned then drop me a pm.

Alex.