Battery - Stats

janz70

Tim (Lomoto) changed his for a UK one, I've had a look but couldn't find his post. I think he changed the terminals for UK ones and removed the battery tray, he then took it to his local parts shop and found a Uk battery that fitted.

You can probably find his post by trawling through the search results.

Hope this helps mate. :thumbs:

I know thanks , already found his post but no info in there and PM'd him he cant remember as got shot of the car

the neg terminal is crimped so would have to be cut off leaving it too short ,so thats a no-no

he said get the biggest one you can fit in

just thought one of you could have a look at your battery to see if there is any info on it ;)

I know thanks , already found his post but no info in there and PM'd him he cant remember as got shot of the car

the neg terminal is crimped so would have to be cut off leaving it too short ,so thats a no-no

he said get the biggest one you can fit in

just thought one of you could have a look at your battery to see if there is any info on it ;)

I'll try and have a look a bit later. Pretty sure there isnt any info on it that isnt in japanese though ;)

Well I had to get one so went and got a replacement today

as mine was a jap import the terminals were smaller so the only one that would fit was one for a 2.0 hyundai amongst other cars, it was that or replace the terminal leads and connections :thumbdown:

CCA is only 330 and 45Amps but it fits the tiny little battery tray and it does the trick - its a Moterquip Powercharge from the local Motor factors cost about £50 and has a 3 year warrenty :yahoo:

I'm reasonably convinced that you can get away with a significantly lower than standard CCA as long as you're not trying to start the engine at -20degC with all ancilliaries running at the same time... :bangin:

Will you post up to let us know how you get on with it? Over winter too?

Cheers,

Doug

• 7 months later...

Merry xmas everyone hope youve had a good un so far

just checking in with the status of my replacement "small battery" - we have a really bad cold spell for the last 7 to 10 days (dont have to tell you that) somedays when going to work early doors it was -7'C but its started every time, never skipped a beat - so if you need a battery dont worry about getting a small low power battery for an import :yahoo:

Merry xmas everyone hope youve had a good un so far

just checking in with the status of my replacement "small battery" - we have a really bad cold spell for the last 7 to 10 days (dont have to tell you that) somedays when going to work early doors it was -7'C but its started every time, never skipped a beat - so if you need a battery dont worry about getting a small low power battery for an import :yahoo:

As you have a three year warranty with it, if it does go wrong you can take it back for a replacement. £50 is not too bad at all. Result :thumbs: