Changing the Sat Nav Unit?

bosh87

Im seen a few posts on this topic but still unsure.

Im due to pick up my 2002 JDM import zed in the next few weeks :yahoo: , and it comes with the Jap sat nav. :thumbdown:

The guy at the garage said that in order to convert it to UK, all you need to do is find a nissan primera sat nav rear unit and do a straight swap without having to touch the main screen or wiring behind it.

Is this the case? do i really need no extra parts,wires or cd's to make it work?

if so does anyone know where I can get one from?

And is it only nissan primera's sat navs I can use?

If anyone can help, would be much appreciated..

There was a thread last year or maybe the year before and I'm sure the parts came from a Nissan X-Trail... :thumbs:

I converted my JDM to UK Birdview via a straight swap with an X-Trail dvd rom unit i.e. the box that sits behind the driver's seat. Working 100% (although I did lose the reverse camera function as UK units don't have TV option).

Anyway, I have a spare UK unit I was going to put on ebay complete working UK nav disc. If anyone's interested in converting the nav in their JDM zed then pm me.

Cheers