Front power socket question

Nick U

Guys,

Anyone happen to know which wire on the back of the front power point (the one in the passenger foot well) is the live/power wire that works once the ignition is on? I have the conection off the back and want to use it for the ignition switch on on the car pc.

All the other wires are in place with pc installed in the glove box behind the passenger seat.

Also for those of you who have installed a GPS reciver for the pc, where did you put it? I think im going for in the boot as the pc is in the glove box......any thoughts?

Cheers fellas

Nick

No idea on the ciggy lighter, although knowing Nissan, it might be a permenant live with selective earth on IGN. Thats the way some of the lights work that I've found. Best to use a multimeter and have a prod about.

With regard to the GPS reciever, the best place to stick it is under the strut bar plastic. As you look at the rear strut bar, there are 2 top bits of plastic either side of the strut bar siver bit. You can lift the left hand one up (just pops up) and you can stick it on top the the bar and under the plastic. Dead easy to run the wires down to the cubby from there too. So you have a nice hidden GPS reciever with good reception. Oh and take the top cover off the GPS puck if you can it will make reception better :thumbs:

No idea on the ciggy lighter, although knowing Nissan, it might be a permenant live with selective earth on IGN. Thats the way some of the lights work that I've found. Best to use a multimeter and have a prod about.

With regard to the GPS reciever, the best place to stick it is under the strut bar plastic. As you look at the rear strut bar, there are 2 top bits of plastic either side of the strut bar siver bit. You can lift the left hand one up (just pops up) and you can stick it on top the the bar and under the plastic. Dead easy to run the wires down to the cubby from there too. So you have a nice hidden GPS reciever with good reception. Oh and take the top cover off the GPS puck if you can it will make reception better :thumbs:

Cheers Chris,

Good tips. I'll try and sort that GPS today. Starting to dislike Nissan for thier wiring of this car.....bloody nightmare.

If the power point is per live with selective ground does that mean I cant use it for an ignition feed? :thumbdown:

If the power point is per live with selective ground does that mean I cant use it for an ignition feed? :thumbdown:

Correct! If its live all the time, you dont know when the IGN is on or not. I tapped up my HU for the IGN feed. Pretty much on all aftermarket HU they have an amp trigger wire which is usually a 12v feed which goes live then IGN is on. Thats the easiest way I find.

Front cig lighter is an ignition live. I forgot what the colours are but if you tell me i will be able to tell you which is the live

Sorrry Nurrish, have been a way all week.....one of the wires in BLACK and the other is RED and GREEN.

Cheers for the help

Front cig lighter is an ignition live. I forgot what the colours are but if you tell me i will be able to tell you which is the live

Sorrry Nurrish, have been a way all week.....one of the wires in BLACK and the other is RED and GREEN.

Cheers for the help

Red and green is live and the black is negative :thumbs:

Cheers for the help

Red and green is live and the black is negative :thumbs:

Cheers buddy :thumbs:

Off to have a play and finally get the pc running.......just have to find the time to fit the new stereo now! :)