Race Valeting Vs Mucky Range Rover Zaino Detail

Race Valeting

Today was clean up job prior to selling the Range Rover, it had been stood for over a year since I did it last time so was a bit grubby and a few cobwebs etc.

This is how it looked on arrival:

260798514_o.jpg

260798375_o.jpg

260798453_o.jpg

260798559_o.jpg

260798590_o.jpg

260798629_o.jpg

260798420_o.jpg

260798310_o.jpg

260798150_o.jpg

260798256_o.jpg

260798203_o.jpg

So firstly tackled the wheels giving them a good soak with some AS Smart wheels and left for a few mins then agitaed with a selection of brushes, the tyres and arches were cleaned using some AS G101.

Next up the car was foamed using some megs hyper wash via the lance, this was left to dwell for 10 mins while I used my swissvax style brush to clean all the seals and bedges etc, then all rinsed.

Next up was a 2bm wash using some zaino shampoo and a z sponge, this was then rinsed using filtered water.

I then applied some Zaino AIO by hand via a foam megs app, this was applied to the whole car and then buffed off using eurow buffing towels.

Next up was the first coat of z2 pro with 2 drops of ZFX this again applied to the whole vehicle and then buffed.

Next up gave the door/boot shuts a quick wipe over with some last touch, the car hadn't been driven so wasn't bad on the iterior at all just a quick hoover out and wipe down of dash and leather.

Next up was the 2nd layer of z2 this was then buffed, next up was the windows which were cleaned using megs and my glass cloths.

Finally all the tyres and plastics were dressed using AS highstyle.

A quick wipe down with some z8 and hay presto job done.

6 hrs later and we now have this:

260798992_o.jpg

260799018_o.jpg

260799048_o.jpg

260798817_o.jpg

260798910_o.jpg

260798854_o.jpg

260798673_o.jpg

260798704_o.jpg

260798782_o.jpg

260798734_o.jpg

And yes the car is very swirly as this 1 has never had a full correction, did find the AIO to reduce the marks by a fair bit though even by hand.

Finally before:

260798375_o.jpg

after:

260798817_o.jpg

Before:

260798150_o.jpg

After:

260798704_o.jpg

And last but not least mummy and daddy

260799088_o.jpg

Thanks for looking

Paul

How good is the AIO on the RR paint?

Ican get my old mans mega glossy and wet looking but I simply can't be bothered deswirling it after reading all the posts about there paint as I only have a PC for now...

Was thinking I'd try Black hole on it.... Thoughts? It's black. :wacko:

Ican get my old mans mega glossy and wet looking but I simply can't be bothered deswirling it after reading all the posts about there paint as I only have a PC for now...

It was the first time i've used AIO Stew and was pretty impressed really tbh,

Yeah I would try black hole if its really bad to mask some of the swirls up, might need a couple of layers of it depending how bad it is.

Once you've done it get some pics up mate would love to see how you get on.

Paul

It was the first time i've used AIO Stew and was pretty impressed really tbh,

Yeah I would try black hole if its really bad to mask some of the swirls up, might need a couple of layers of it depending how bad it is.

Once you've done it get some pics up mate would love to see how you get on.

Paul

I'll see how the weather is next week as Dad has buggered off to Thailand to play golf with a couple of his mates..... I'll have access to the rangie while he's away.

I'll give black hole a go and get some pics up.