Dyno results - 2005 (non rev-up) 350z

matth76

Hi

Just been on a dyno and made 233 wheel hp and 242 wheel ft-lbs torque down at GT Art in Sussex. Very friendly and helpful guys down there. I have the 2005 model (non-rev up 276bhp version) so am quite pleased, especially the torque. My car is totally standard ..at the moment. Assuming approximately 16% transmission losses that works out at ~277.5bhp at the fly and ~288 ft-lbs torque at the fly. Very impressed with the torque. On the road my car does pull very hard low down the revs.

How do my wheel numbers compare to everyone else with a stock 2003-2005 350z who've been on a dyno?

My torque falls off higher up the rev range and am running fairly rich higher up so am thinking maybe a true dual exhaust and/or plenum spacer plus possibly unichip could be my next plan.

Matt

Sounds pretty much exactly the same as mine. I got 240WHP and about the same torque at the wheels. I have a pop charger and plenum spacer, but I have a feeling that the pop charger let me down somewhat as my intake temps were quite high. I think if I were to get a remap and aim for more HP I would get rid of it for an 06 stock airbox.

You gotta love the flat Zed torque curve :clap:

Thanks guys. 250 whp is excellent.. not far off what the HR makes at the wheels. I'll have to try and scan my graph next week when I'm at work.

I'm surprised your tuner "calculated" the flywheel bhp being 280bhp when you got 250 at the wheels. That equates to only 10.7% transmission losses. I would have thought 250 wheel hp would be more like mid 290's at the fly..assuming transmission losses are ~15-17%. Either way you've got very good power output :)