For you CarPC geeks....

Chris`I

Little something I've been helping code up on mp3car.com ....

Camera capture with GPS overlay... a resurection of Prefects brilliant work. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/softwar ... rding.html . GPS overlay is taken from Curiosity, the guy who wrote the excellent xPort and hes currently helping me out in getting it ship shape.

Allows you to record from any WDM capture device (web cam, tv tuner, capture card, USB dog cam) with sound and compression. And of course GPS overlay with can give a host of things such as speed, alt, pos, direct, etc. I want to get Curiosity to also add a breadcrum trail like on his Compass app so we can have trails if you are doing track work.

(sorry for the crap pic)

overlay.jpg

I'll try and get some proper footage soon. I did go for a blast down the A339 to Alton and recorded it, but the GPS overlay, errrm, was giving erroneous readouts ;)

If you want to try it out post up and I can upload the latest release for you to test. Could be good for you guys with CarPCs to record the outing at Wales and other meets :thumbs: I'm currently running the USB bullet cam from DogCamSports.

Ahh ok well let me know as soon as you get it :thumbs:

I dont suppose it supports multiple cameras?

Going to be working on that soon I think. The original one didnt, they just made it so you could load two versions. Not sure how we're going to do multiple cams, that gets a whole load more complicated if you want them combined into one capture output. Not even sure how we can do it yet! It gets very geeky to make that work.

What are you wanting to do with multiple cams? Record 2 seperate streams or combine them in one? What I would like to do ultimately is get something like you see on the pro recorders where you have pitcure in picture, so say front facing being the main image and rear facing being inserted into a corner of it :thumbs:

OK dude, try this one out. Just dont expect it to be 100% stable! If something goes wrong, it might be an idea to download GraphEdit and connect to the process so that you can show me what graph it creates for you. Also might be an idea to set the devices to -1 in the config.ini file when you first start it otherwise it might moan.

http://www.cingram1.plus.com/350z-uk/Release.rar

Ahh ok well let me know as soon as you get it :thumbs:

I dont suppose it supports multiple cameras?

Going to be working on that soon I think. The original one didnt, they just made it so you could load two versions. Not sure how we're going to do multiple cams, that gets a whole load more complicated if you want them combined into one capture output. Not even sure how we can do it yet! It gets very geeky to make that work.

What are you wanting to do with multiple cams? Record 2 seperate streams or combine them in one? What I would like to do ultimately is get something like you see on the pro recorders where you have pitcure in picture, so say front facing being the main image and rear facing being inserted into a corner of it :thumbs:

Yeah i would imagine coding it to support multiple cameras would be alot of work. But as you said the picture in picture screen would be nice and i'd defiantly mount a camera on the front.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get the fecker to do Picture in Picture at the moment, but its just not playing fair! Got it to do it on preview but recording fails on the second stream :rant::rant: Its seems to be a problem inherant in the original Capture and nothing I have added so bring on hours of debugging to chase it out :surrender:

Mate i cant even get it to load up!!!!! And when i do it doesnt see the cam

:surrender:

Do you have .Net 3.5 installed? Also try downloading a prog called VirtualVCR and see if that works. Theres so many things with this that might or might not work, it seems so pot luck! Bloody MS!

Hope you make some progress with your pip :thumbs:

Cheers bud. It looks good atm with PiP preview, just a shame it cant record. Even then its still going to be 2 avi files, but found you can merge them again in Premiere pretty easily. Getting it to record PiP will be a nightmare, think I will pass that pleasure to someone else!

Another thing I thought of, is it might be an idea to start it up with no ini file, so it defaults on everything. That way it should allow you to select everything and save a new ini file. I dont think it will solve your cam not showing up issue, thats most likely a driver one, but worth a punt if you havent already tried it.