BOSE AGAIN!!

Jammy007

Had a new Bose fitted (not sure how new now) a few months back as my speakers kept cutting out, which is a common problem with the BOSE.

Anyhows to cut a long story short, I've now got all 6 of the CD's stuck in the changer, it says eject, all it does is whirr & then says press eject again.

I've tried pressing eject & then a number and also just holding down eject for a while.

The strange thing is though, is that CD 1 plays fine.

After reading other threads all I can assume is that the casette which holds the CD's has jammed with CD 1 in the player.

Has anyone sucessfully had one of these repaired (for the above problem) by anyone other than clarion? Or has anyone managed to unstick the casette part themselves?

I'm covered under a 12 month warranty by Clarion from when I had a new one fitted a couple of months ago. One problem is the dealership is quite a trek so don't really want to go there unless I have to, plus there is a bit of bad blood between us now after various problems. My other problem is that there are at least 4 "CD-R's" in the changer. Now I don't know where I stand with the warranty as somewhere in one of the books it says that CD-R's shouldn't be used IIRC.

Can anyone shed a bit of light please?

I'm off to America tomorrow aswell, would have liked to sort it out before I went but its looking highly unlikely

Is it something any dealership can do to free the CD cassette? or do you mean go and see them and they'll deal with Clarion for me?

i.e......will any Nissan Dealership deal with Clarion for me for a replacement as the radio is under warranty with Clarion and not "Fred Coupe" where I got the car from.

Just wondering Martin really as it would be so much easier to get it done up here.

I already wrote the serial numbers down for the BOSE before they fitted it so at least I don't have to have it removed twice i suppose?