Just went to see a potential Z

jonnykool

Well just went to see my first potential Z and have to say I was dissapointed with it so I think I will be staying clear. Not trying to bash a garage just giving my opinion on face value of the car.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... gLetter=53

It was a 2003 Sunset Orange, with a GT pack, 40K miles and the garage wanted £10k for it. I had a good look around the car and all the tyres were on the limit and the discs has a prominent lip on them, so I imagine they would be in need of a change soon. The drivers side rear wheel arch on the inside was corroding and the paint flaking away. The front bumper must of been resprayed as on the black plastic under the number plate im sure I could see overspray (well it certainly wouldnt of come out the factory like that). And one of the alloys had been kerbed pretty badly. I asked if I could take it for a test drive and the garage said no "unless I wanted to strike a deal" but then said they were changing the tyres when I pointed out they werent legal and suggested I come back on saturday :bangin: The interior was good however for an 03 car and a bit less worn than my 03 celica, but the service history was chequered and had a P3? at 24000 and then a stamp saying it had been service at a vauxhall garage but no date or what had been done. So all in all I reckon it would need some serious coin knocking off to reflect the value. I may be picky but my current motor is in better condition lol and has done 20K more miles.

Just thought I'd stick another rough one up to save anyone else any wasted time:

http://www.nissanusedcars.co.uk/control.cfm?MREQ=app_viewVehicleDetails&StockListID=561735

Looked OK from the pics, went to view and was a bit gutted after 30 seconds. Both front wheels curbed, rear tyre tread depth not matched, drivers seat quite worn and a nice dint on the rear arch. Front pads looked almost out too. Interior wasn't the best either - rear strut in particular.

Shame really, it looked quite an unloved one :thumbdown: