Dvd/SatNav install

Millzzz

I've seen some Dvd & SatNav installs in Z's, My recently purchased Jap import doesn't have said setup (Just the standard Bose sound system), where can I get the setup from (I understand it's an optional extra when you purchase a Z new) & roughly how much would it cost?

Another thing, if I chaged my standard head unit, do I have to change all the speakers etc?? I've heard you need to do this on Jap imports, although it may be bull . . .

You can pic up the nissan birdview sat nav kits but the UK ones dont come with DVD. And most people that have them think that aftermarket is better.

No, no need to change speakers (but worth it cause the the stock ones are crap!) Unless you have the Bose but then I still dont think you need to...

As an alterantive have a look at the kenwood KOS system as you can use one of their 7" screens in the cubby, then the media centre fits in the rear cubby (behind passengers seat) and you can then add the bluetooth, DVD, ipod, satnav etc as you wish as its all modular and easy to get too.... The 7inch screen will need some modding to fit, but it is a touch screen...

Or you could use something like dcash did and mod a portable media device bought off ebay. Lots of functions for the money :thumbs:

Cheers bud. Where could I get said setup? Halfords do that sort of stuff doesn't it? Always avioded halfords, seems to attract to much of the "Corsa Crew". But that might be because my local halfords is located next to macdonalds . . . .

Okay, so I popped down to the local Halfords this morning, saw what they had. The one that really caught my eye was a Pioneer unit. Satnav (Better than a Tomtom apparently), Dvd player, Phone bluetooth connectivity, iPod conrol thingy & it was £772 plus £60 for fitting (As Imports need a bit more fidling about apparently) & It fits into the flippy down lid cubby hole! Opinions?

Okay, popped into halfords today & had another play with it, was going to get it but the missus had a funny turn & we had to leave (she's ok now btw :p). Kind of glad I didn't get it in a way as after playing with it, I noticed it's touch sensitivity's pretty bad, almost had to hit it to get it to register I'd done anything!

Anyone suggest something with the same specs (Dvd, a decent Satnav, Phone bluetooth & iPod connectability without loads of wires poking out everywhere)?

Bear in mind my Zeds an import with the Bose system :)

Cheers dudes

Funny enough I went in to halfords today and had a play with the pioneer....

Nice unit, some good touchs but am sorry to say I prefered my Kenwood DNX-7200.

I liked some of the custom options on pioneer and the GUI was pretty good but I didnt like the dial bit on the left... The DNX just seems easier to use but maybe thats cause I am used to it!

But I do have the DNX in the stock space but also have a kenwood KOS setup in the car. If I didnt have the DNX I would be more than happy with the KOS system... As its the same thing (just in seperate bits!!) But as the kos screen can fit in the top cubby and the media unit can fit in the rear "glove box" as can all the peripheral bits. The Double Din units have loads of cables and can be a pain in the ar$e to fit...

Dont worry about it being bose, you can still do an install!

Also the Bose speakers arnt all that... they are made by clarion and the speakers are pretty tosh... Cheap and easy upgrades are available, lots have used the ones from the kicker range as an upgrade!