Just gone shopping...SS brake lines advice

Removed

as the 27k Miles P1 service is very close, I thought I'd start shopping for the oily stuff and also some front brake pads, as mine are nearly dead :)

Spoke to our friend Simon from Opieoils and got me some

Motul 300V 5W-40 and

RBF600 brake fluid

and got a very good price on some Brembo Sport front pads! Don't think these have been tried on the Z afaik so will let you know how they feel :)

Now it would make sense to do the brake lines too, really! but need to find a supplier who can get hold of some decent ones soon enough! Stillen ones look good from Performance Nissan website, but nearly $200+ shipping, vat and customs ffs! Are they made of gold?????

Any other suggestion appreciated about the SS brake lines

PS Disks will be on their way from Italy from my mate who's selling basically brand new DBA 4000 fronts and rears plus Nismo pads for €400 :teeth: and yes they are both drilled and slotted, but they can be done later on as they don't need bleeding the system like the brake lines, i don't think

I'm pleased with my Rotora it took a while to get sorted quality is first class just haven't had chance to fit them.

Stoptecs from Performance nissan definitely don't fit, despite them trying to tell you otherwise.

I can't for the life of me remember how much but I think $200 is OK IIRC someone in the UK can make then for about £100

Are they made of gold?????

no stainless steel :):p

Martin, you are one of the few people who says the SS lines don't make any difference, so I'm afraid I'll listen to you another time ;):)

Spill, have you got the OEM brake lines at all????? If so we could get MrF to get them done by a Company he knows who he says could do a very good job at a very reasonable price too! He'd need them to get them copied though (and since I'd need them asap, it'd be great if you could help! :teeth:

IMO SS brake lines always make an improvement and did so on the Z, it removed a bit of the mushy feel.

I went for the Nismo lines, but appreciate that these are more expensive than some, Goodridge do good quality ones.

If you are doing the pads and fluid at the same time then IMO a very worthwhile addition.

Debbie just told me the Pads are already at mine! now that's good service! Oilman, I've already booked for the service on Friday (think I'm going to delay the brake fluid flush until I sort these braided lines somehow) so I just hope the Motul 300V will be here by then! :)