Background noise

broady

Have done search for this but to no avail, so looking for some help before I confront the dealer with my snag list after picking up my 06MY recently. The BOSE system appears to be giving off a lot of background noise even when the radio is off. This stops only when you turn the key to the off position. Could the sub still be on and has anyone else got the same problem?

Is the sound coming from the rear only. If so it could be the petrol pump your hearing. Buy an extra boot mat will help diffuse the sound of the pump.

Difficult to tell where the noise is coming from, but don't think it's the petrol pump, agree with Chesterfield it is like white noise, hence my assumption the speakers were still on even with radio off.

Yep - mine does it with the radio off too. I think more investigation is needed.... Im sure its supposed to be noise canceling technology, but perhaps the Clarion unit in the Z cant match a true Bose unit?

Apparently it is the phone integration that causes the problem, the amp is left powered on should a call be received when the radio is off. You learn something new everyday!

It would be nice to have the ability to turn it off though, especially as there is no bluetooth integration yet, making the integrated phone system almost useless.