JVC KD-AVX1

roy_watson

I finally managed to get the old stereo out and install a new metra harness so the JVC is ready to slide in....BUT.....

The iso adaptor i bought (PC2-72-4) is not the right one AND in the process of removing the 2 connectors from the old stereo i broke one of the connectors, so i now have about 9 multi colour wires which are "exposed" and the other 6 of them still in their original connector.

I'm admitting defeat and gonna take it to my local auto eletrical garage to get the rest done!

There is an upside to this though! There seems to be white noise coming from the two speakers behind the seats since i disconnected the old stereo. I had previously thought that there were not any speakers in there because no sound came from them when i had the old cd player installed (despite checking fader settings etc). So im assuming either the old cd player wasnt connected properly or it didnt support more than 2 speakers?!?

I'm assuming it wont be too big a job for an auto electrician to put the "exposed" wires into an appropriate connector and convert the other connector to fit into the JVC? :wacko: