How do you know when the discs need replacing

NWZ

Garage advised discs have a lip formed (which I knew about), it's only very slight and the garage said they should see the pads out.

Trouble is the discs (DBA's) have been on the car for 38k so far, I replaced the pads 9k ago with Ferodo's from ESR.

My question therefore is, how do you know when the discs need replacing - is it a case of measuring how thick the lip is?

I cannot imagine these discs seeing out the pads as I reckon there's a good 21k on the pads left.

As always any advice appreciated.

Basically when you get a 2mm lip on them, its time for a change. Pretty much as CS said :)

Garage or Quick Fit can measure them with their callipers if you think they are worn :thumbs:

How many sets of pads have you used on the discs so far?

Thanks for the advice guys!

Don't get me started on brake pads !!!

I've had 3 lots of pads on these discs:-

1) Endless sss pads for 28k - they caused stripes on a couple of the grooved discs and caused rusting - looked terrible.

2) Endless CCX pads for 2k - terrible pads imo, terrible brake pedal vibration when braking hard from 70 mph (being modest ;) ) - tried bedding them in but wouldn't have it - Spoke to Phil ESR who sent me a set of oem's FOC :) God bless him.

3) Now running OEM's for 9k so far without any problems.

I wont be using Endless pads ever again- just a bad expensive experience if you ask me. The discs have been pretty good though - especially to see over 40k !