Brake Advice Plesae

Zazur

Hi,

It has began to warm up a little bit over here at last and today after some heavy braking down a long hill the peddle and car began to judder :scare: quite badly and dissapeared after a period of normal driving.

I guess I will have to :surrender: and replace the brakes.

I have non brembo brakes (2003 US model).

What discs and pads would you advise for me and where is the place to get them from.

Thanks

Hi, quite a few disc options for the import, EBC standard and Turbo Groove and also DBA too. Pads are also available from EBC in the Import fitment to, happy to help with this, if you know for sure that they do need replacing... :thumbs:

Do you know what could be causing the vibration?

I assumed (I know you should not assume) it was due to the disc thickness warping :wacko:

Please advise

Hi, quite a few disc options for the import, EBC standard and Turbo Groove and also DBA too. Pads are also available from EBC in the Import fitment to, happy to help with this, if you know for sure that they do need replacing... :thumbs:

Do you know what could be causing the vibration?

I assumed (I know you should not assume) it was due to the disc thickness warping :wacko:

Please advise

If the discs and pads are quite old/worn they won't be used to the hard braking style you were doing... :thumbs:

As you said, once 'normal' braking was resumed all appears to be well.

How worn are your discs, do you have a lip forming on the outer edge... :thumbs:

If the discs and pads are quite old/worn they won't be used to the hard braking style you were doing... :thumbs:

As you said, once 'normal' braking was resumed all appears to be well.

How worn are your discs, do you have a lip forming on the outer edge... :thumbs:

The discs have no lip on them, I guess they could be the orginal discs as the car has only done 26K since new but the car is 2003 model so quite old.

Comments please

Thanks,

Where's the best place to source discs and pads and what do you think would be the best set for me to use here in the temps of the South of France summers?

How will you be using you car, would you ever be going on track or would it just be day to day driving... :thumbs:

Unlikely I will do any track driving, so I will say mostly normal road use with some possible heavy braking times.

Sounds like a perfect oppotunity to try the Ferrodo DS pads. A lot of guys on here (myself included) use the DS2500 which are fast road/track pads. The DS are the more street oriented pads. :)

Chris, the DS are currently only in the Brembo fitment but I do have a few options for the Import caliper... :thumbs:

:blush: