Hullavington Track day, FRIDAY 15th MAY, £109

The Hoff

Hi all,

Mods, please could you leave in general for a while to gather interest?

After a great day out at Hullavington Airfield last friday I have been talking to the organisers, http://www.motorsport-events.co.uk/ , to see if they will do us a club discount for another date. They were unable to offer any discount on the rate for the day but would offer a free one to one training session from the instuctors for every club member - usually at a cost of £20. This is a 20 min session which you can split into two 10 mins sessions thoughout the day.

I was intending on keeping the venue at Hullavington as they this is the only track where they currently offer the use of a car control area as well as full use of the track layout. The car control area is basically a large area of the runway that is sectioned off for use with one car at a time for 5 mins at a time so you can go nuts on the loud pedal, if you so choose. Drifting around the roundabout, winding through the slalom or trying to hold the 70mph sharp right turn.

The cost for the whole day is £109. Hullavington is located just off J17 of the M4. Please check out google maps for a better idea. You need to have a full driving license and helmets are required, these can be hired for £10 a day if you do not have your own.

Drivers briefing is at 9:30am and the track closes at 5pm. Apart from the track sighting sessions at the very beginning to learn the track its an open pit lane so you can go out as often as you wish.

We would need at least 10 to get the free instructor training sessions so please put down you name if interested. I was hoping to get a group together by the end of march so the event date does not sell out. Once I have collected all the names I will pass this on to Motorsport events and then you need to ring them to book in and make payment.

Please post any questions here or PM me.

Interested peeps...

1) The Hoff

Ian - This would be on a Friday

Chris - Ah didnt realise it was that weekend. Will see how many are up for the track day as I cannot change the date. Tempted by the Wales outing but driving on the road like I do on the track is not a good may to keep my license! :lol:

Chris - Big DOH on my behalf, I looked in the announcements setion and looked for Wales Drive out. Little did I know I was looking at the 2007 thread!! :headhurt:

Ah well, fair enough. I will see what interest I can gather from here and try the other UK Z clubs. I should be able to gather 10 in mixed cars buts a Z section would look really good.

Depending on what take up I get for this date I may sort out another one for later in the year making sure it doesnt clash with other Z days out!

Hoff. :D