Southampton Westway Nissan - Good service! :D

Traktion

Well, I had a clicking sound a few months ago in the back and they sorted that (something to do with a dry joint) and gave me a free Micra for the day. Not much petrol in it, but did the job. I was pretty pleased with them.

Then I started to have some other problems - squeeking driver seat, CD left channel dead + skipping and the RHS wing mirror demister wasn't working, come the winter. I phoned them up last Thursday and they said they'd pick it up from my home (where I usually work) Tuesday morning.

Come Tuesday morning, they picked it up between the times they said they would (about 10am in this case) and they just gave me a call to let me know it is about to be driven back. They described how they tested and fixed the drivers seat (loose bolts or something or other), fixed the wiring (which had snapped apparently) on the RHS wing mirror and as for the CD player, they have ordered a new one from France. Not only that, but they have left my current one in my car and will contact me when the new one arrives, to switch it with a new one!

It remains to be seen how well the replacement works, although they did say it was a new one (not refurbished). Fingers crossed, it'll be brand new and it'll fix my problems. After all the talk about units being removed and sent off, stories of having to argue the toss etc, this was all pleasently surprising!

If you're looking for some good service down on the south coast, try these guys out! :thumbs:

With service like that its almost worth a drive down there!

Touch wood I havent needed any assistance from Nissan yet, but good service from a dealer is one of the most important items on any car ownership list. Glad you have received great service - it is very rare in this day, from any company!

BTW, it's arrived back and the bits they've fixed already seem great! It was also washed inside and out and the wheels were blacked up for me. Saves me doing the job! :D

EDIT: And only 8 miles on the clock, so no cruising by them too :)

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring up this old topic, but after all the praise I heaped on them last time, I have to add some bad stuff.

The CD player is being fitted today (do the maths for the waiting time) and after phoning them up numerous times along the way, being told it was coming it was all BS. I even asked people to check the order and they went away, came back and said it was on its way.

Finally, I was starting to lose my rag (I'm a patient man) and demanded that they do a proper check as to where the feck it was as it was taking ages. The service manager then started checking things out and there was NOTHING on order at all! The bunch of muppets didn't even have any record of them noting the problem down!

So, about 8 days after returning the car again to get the serial checked (I did wonder why they didn't require that before after hearing others' experiences), I get a phone call saying it had arrived. WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE DONE THAT 3 MONTHS AGO!?! :rant:

Still, at least they haven't broken anything... yet... :scare:

I thought the HU should be ordered from Clarion, Germany?

Anyway, in my case it took about 4 weeks before they got the new HU.

Just a small question, did anyone here ever have to pay for the petrol used in the replacement car? (Got a Almera Tino, 1.8 115hp, so not too bad ;))

Mine came from Clarion, France apparently and only took a week or two. Mind you, as I'd been waiting 3 months, I should have hoped they'd have jumped the queue with me!

The good news is the new unit is fine so far. I gave it a good ragging while playing loud (which used to pop the left channel out often) and it carried on fine.

I didn't have a replacement car - took them under an hour to fit and wash it.