New 350Z owner who needs some help with electronic set up

Harber78

Hi All. Recently bought a 2005 05 plate Azure Blue 350Z. I am absolutely loving it, but I got it from a non Nissan dealer and so he was not a lot of help explaining the electronics set up!!!!

From what I can gather myself it has the following:-

-Std BOSE CD/Tape/Radio system

-Phone cradle with adaptor for Nokia phone (which I dont have!)

-Non factory fitted DVD player with a screen in dash. Also handbrake cable must be grounded as I can drive and watch the screen which is clearly not standard!!!! Sound feeds through FM preset channel and not an other output. I cant see any SAT or AUX button as such???

With this mixed bag set up and me not being very technical I was wondering if anyone had any advice in terms of what my options there are for Sat Nav fitting / Bluetooth phone fitting / IPOD playing options? I am not hugely keen on ripping out the standard BOSE CD player, so anyone have any suggestions? Also with Sat Nav I would be looking for a tidy solution rather than something meaning hanging cables from a portable device. I am assuming I am limited by number of sources or inputs already in use here, so need expert advise!!!!!

All comments appreciated

Cheers

:teeth:

Hi and welcome to the forum bud :D

I am afraid the ipod options with the bose are very limited and the old low tech options.

Some owners remove the handbreak earth cablke to watch while driving, I have never quite understood that :headhurt:

There are plenty of clever ICE guys on here so one will be along soon.

Stick a post up in the intro sections with some pics of the car :)

Take out the Nokia phone cradle and buy a BT adapter, just clip in the adaptor in then find the 350z on your phone & you are paired. Entering numbers & operating is in your handbook and you may need to clear any existing numbers already programmed into your car before you start adding your own.

:)

You should be able to pick a BT adaptor up for between £70 - £99 off fleabay or holdcrofts.

/edit

Heres a few on the bay...

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... Categories

:thumbs:

Further Editing... ;)

I also bought a Brodit Phone cradle to sit my phone in, enter which car you have and which phone model, from here...

http://www.mountonus.com/

as Zee said, Get a Bluetooth Adaptor rather than a out of date Nokia one. MJP or Holdcrofts both do forum discount on these items or look on ebay for the occasional second hand item.

:welcome: to the club

• 2 weeks later...
Further Editing... ;)

I also bought a Brodit Phone cradle to sit my phone in, enter which car you have and which phone model, from here...

http://www.mountonus.com/

I love the way they just flip the image for RHD but all the text is backwards. Made me lol.

653250-2.jpg

Yea and if you look across to the right in the drivers footwell thats one strange accelerator pedal! :lol: