Need help choosing which Z?

papachumba1

Hi all, about to take a big loan out and get me one of these 350zs

After some much mindnumbing deliberation between the nissan, Lancer Evo VIII and a boxter S, 350z came up tops. :yahoo:

I have around 16k to spend, been looking around everywhere for a cheap Z with as many accessories as possible (highly unrealistic).

Basically i just saw this cool '2002 with around 20,000 miles on the clock, Nizebo (surely Nismo?) exhaust, bodykit and stunning wheels for £16,995

click here

Is this worth the price?

I would love to get a 2004 model if i could, but i know it will come without any mods for this price. I am just looking for a decent bodykit, like Nismo, with some nicer wheels than standards, low mileage and a car in black

What would you do in my position and why?

Is the difference between 2002-2004 models big in terms of reliability/faults?

Aaaah another late night browsing through the ads... :dry:

Any help welcome :blush:[

It looks a nice car at the right price , :thumbs: there is no difference that really matters between a 02 and 04 models..., I personally would sooner buy a low mileage 02 model at a good price than pay more for a similar but higher mileage 04 model ..comes down to individual vehicle ,not much sense in paying more for a number plate?? :scare:

It looks a nice car at the right price , :thumbs: there is no difference that really matters between a 02 and 04 models...

oh yes there is mate....

as a 2002 it'll be an import and early imports wont have all the UK and euro "tweaks" that were made global from november 2004 IIRC :)

kit is 100% not Nismo, seen it somewhere else but can't remember the name.

wheels look like EXPENSIVE Veilside baccarat, but would need to be checked up close to see if they aren't imitations :)

I'd say that could be overpriced for a very early import model. Still, it's worth haggling...

I know what your saying ...BUT ..I,ve never seen any 350z for sale under £15K and this one is low miles with what looks like a couple of grands worth of goodies on :thumbs:

what kind of "tweaks" are we talking about here if one may know?

I dont know :surrender: I have an early import and been very pleased with mine..didnt pay over the odds for it which gave me some contingency money spare to buy bits and bobs :thumbs:

Guest prescience

You could read through all those :scare:

Or you could ask how many people who have bought an import have said 'I wish I'd bought a UK model'; I can't recall too many.

There are differences but IMO they're minor and based on people's opinions to date, don't deter from the car to any great extent.

dorian 2002 is like the very first Zs ever, only saw Ladyboy's one (which might have even been pre-production from the chassis number) in the flesh and the interior, to quote one thing, was way cheaper looking and feeling. Also first thing he changed was the suspentions with some nice HKS ones... (and the exhaust with the blueflame, he was the first to have it done) imo 2002 Z are to be AT LEAST test driven :)

If i remember correctly, even a year ago people were selling imports for £17K. It seems "a bit" expensive for an 02 car. If it was a couple of grand cheaper then I would say its a reasonable price.

Near by me at a local stealer there is a silver ( maybe gunmetal) 350z on the roadside for £17,999 ( will need to check price ) for a 53 plate. I am normally whizzing past the place so I dont have time to gawk at it.

I've actually got a 52 plate JDM Zed and I've been into several Nissan dealers to check the differences (sad eh!) and I can honestly say in terms of interior - no difference at all! the only thing was the heater / climate control knob thingies looked slightly better on the UK ones. I'm not sure about the suspension but have been really impressed with mine overall so far. The differences I've found have tended to be the exterior - I'm not overly impressed with the standard 17" alloys, and if you are looking closely there are differences with rear bumper, spoiler (no spoiler on JDM Zeds), no brembos, to name just a few. But these are not really an issue as far as I'm concerned as I've saved a fortune on what ios basicaly the same car as the UK for nearly half the price - don't need to be a mathematician to work out you're onto a winner!!

Interested to know about this suspension though - anyone advise whether it's worth changing my suspension then - if so what and price - would be good to know.

Thanks