AAArrrrgggg!

srobrien

Just had a letter from my car finance company saying "you have requested a number plate change from the DVLA" basically to put MY number plate (which I have already 1.Paid for 2. Paid a holding/transfer fee of £180 to the dvla) on my new car. Now Santander want to charge me £30 for "admin" fee's to change a couple of digits on my records!!!

God it makes me so mad how these companies can just get away with such obvious money spinning!!!

Rank over

R :rant:

Unfortunately that sounds about right, im a Finance Manager in the trade and they would call that an administration change so the finance docs show the reg thats on the car, thats why they are charging an admin fee. They will also charge a fee for changing your DD date as well, any reason to steal money off you!! You could try and fight it but the fees would probably be in your T&C's if not you might have a case :thumbs:

Unfortunately that sounds about right, im a Finance Manager in the trade and they would call that an administration change so the finance docs show the reg thats on the car, thats why they are charging an admin fee. They will also charge a fee for changing your DD date as well, any reason to steal money off you!! You could try and fight it but the fees would probably be in your T&C's if not you might have a case :thumbs:

Yeah I just read through them and it basically states "if we want to charge you for scratching you own *rse then its our god given right to do so". I just hate this "admin charge" term they flander around though I just wish they would be honest and call it a "this only takes us a couple of seconds to do and probably costs at most £2 but we will rip you off anyway cos you signed our contract charge".

R

In the present climate more than other everyone is charging for every little thing - to claw some money back - admin fees are just a con! Like the so called 3 days to clear a cheque (even though its direct electronic transfer game!!) Bartenders the lot of em!