Colchester - P3 Service - The Result

mick43

As per previous thread I booked my car in for a P3 service at Glyn Hopkin Colchester. This is my local main dealer, and no previous reports on forum giving +ve or -ve feedback.

Total price was as quoted @ £339.19. No additional work was required, other than noticing space saver spare was just under required pressure (probably because it recently did ~180 miles due to rear puncture) so a good spot and advisory to keep an eye on it.

Service was as per P3 requirements, ie. new oil/filter, brake fluid, coolant, air cleaner. They also used engine flush, fuel additive etc which was previously advised and quoted within price.

Work was completed in specified time and so I went to collect.

Settled account and asked to complete customer survey which I said I would do once I inspected car. Also told car had been cleaned - which surprised me as I had washed car at weekend and was still looking good.

From what I could see all service work carried out ok, protective cover still on drivers seat and carpet protector still in place, there was no oily hand/finger prints. One small issue was a small puddle (several drips) of coolant (size of 10p) next to rad cap.

BUT "cleaned car" was a joke. Unfortunately this must of consisted of blasting with the pressure washer by the back door and then allowing to dry, complete with dried on stains etc etc.

Sevice reception chap came out and asked me if everything was ok ?

I showed him poor wash of car, and pointed out that the car was now dirtier than when it arrived, for which he apologised and said he would take back to team. I opened bonnet and showed him splashed coolent, he again apologised and then cleaned and wiped up the offending coolant.

So in summary, I would go back again as very convenient as long as they didn't clean the car. Why they allow the end result that the customer sees to be so bad is beyond me. The service guy was very good, and I'll be confident he would ensure a better service next time.

I was open and honest and told them from the outset that I was a bit anal regarding my Zed, which was fully understood and appreciated. I felt a bit more confident that at least some of the staff were petrol heads as well when I spotted a racing 350z screen saver :thumbs:

I'm thinking in hindsight I should be grateful they didn't dry the car - I dread to think what they would have used :scare: