how to connect amp to battery

maz77

guys

I need to run a power cable to supply the amp.

do i have to connect it directly from the battery (fused)? if so where is the best place to get the wire through to the cabin?

if not, is there any connection in the cabin i could use to supply the amp?

note: the car is a roadster and the amp will almost certainly set under the seat. i cant think of a better place. its too big for the glove box behind the passenger seat.

Yes direct connection to the battery positive terminal. If you take the surrounding trim off from around the battery in the engine bay, you will see there is a grommit in the back. This goes through the firewall and into the passenger footwell area. Pop the cable through that (will need to make a hole in the grommit) and you will be able to pick it up in the cabin. Probably best to remove the kick plate finisher and passenger foot well finisher, both very easy to do, see the service manual (do a search for the download). You can then run the wire under the kick plate area in the provided trunking. Pop it up behind the seat and job done :thumbs:

Oh and remember to make sure the wire is fused before it goes into the grommit as I think you're meant to fuse it less than 18" from the battery.

Yes direct connection to the battery positive terminal. If you take the surrounding trim off from around the battery in the engine bay, you will see there is a grommit in the back. This goes through the firewall and into the passenger footwell area. Pop the cable through that (will need to make a hole in the grommit) and you will be able to pick it up in the cabin. Probably best to remove the kick plate finisher and passenger foot well finisher, both very easy to do, see the service manual (do a search for the download). You can then run the wire under the kick plate area in the provided trunking. Pop it up behind the seat and job done :thumbs:

Oh and remember to make sure the wire is fused before it goes into the grommit as I think you're meant to fuse it less than 18" from the battery.

Funny you said that. I was looking at this this morning. just though if I make a hole in the grommit, it might leak water into the cabin in extreme weather situations. will go for it now. just trying to think of the best way to secure that hole after I pass the wire.

cheers chris

Thx for that I was just about to do the same thing :teeth:

here you have it then. just make sure you use a very blunt instrument to make the hole. there are many thin wire in there.

what hardware is going into the car?

it is a roadster isnt?