audio upgrade / ipod sub speakers

daveg7362

Hi Guys

I know there are some electronics experts out there.

So could you please help me with my dilemma? I have an Alpine IDA X001 IPod compatible, led’s back lights are blue or red Not orange!!!!

I have tried to get some info from Alpine tech heads about changing the Led’s I’ve been it can be done but had no info on how.

I work for Jaguar Engineering and have access to our instrumentation dept, the guys in there have told me if I can get a diagram and the led’s they will do it for me!!!!?

But the thing I would like to do I think, is keep the standard Bose unit and some how add the iPod. I know I can use a crap FM receiver.

I’ve looked on the web and had no joy.

Have you any ideas or would you guys just upgrade to the Alpine.

Also have you guys upgraded your Sub and speakers?

Could I just replace the sub or do I need to fit an amp?

Dose the standard sub use an Amp and if yes is it good enough to run a better Sub?

Thanks Dave

Hi Guys

I know there are some electronics experts out there.

So could you please help me with my dilemma? I have an Alpine IDA X001 IPod compatible, led’s back lights are blue or red Not orange!!!!

I have tried to get some info from Alpine tech heads about changing the Led’s I’ve been it can be done but had no info on how.

I work for Jaguar Engineering and have access to our instrumentation dept, the guys in there have told me if I can get a diagram and the led’s they will do it for me!!!!?

But the thing I would like to do I think, is keep the standard Bose unit and some how add the iPod. I know I can use a crap FM receiver.

I’ve looked on the web and had no joy.

Have you any ideas or would you guys just upgrade to the Alpine.

Also have you guys upgraded your Sub and speakers?

Could I just replace the sub or do I need to fit an amp?

Dose the standard sub use an Amp and if yes is it good enough to run a better Sub?

Thanks Dave

hello mate

I have installed the exact alpine head unit after few weeks of wondering.

mine wasn't a bose system to start with so the decision was easier for me. I took the car around to few shops and they all agreed that an Ipod cannot be directly connected to nissan head unit.

that wasnt the only reason to change the head unit though. I had the alpine on an audi A6 prior to that. the A6 had a brilliant bose based concert system. but the sound quality had improved significantly with the alpine head unit. I didnt have to change the sub or the amplifier on the audi either to get a better sound quality.

to cut a long story short, I thing changing the head unit alone should improve the sound quality. obviously if you want more out the audio system you could change your amp and sub.

The alpine head unit you have is very strong and could deliver superb sound if you upgrade your amp and sub as well.

having said all of that, The US 350's bose head unit could be connected to an Ipod directly I think. (some 1 correct me if I am wrong)

I am not entirely sure which diagrams your after. clarify a bit more and I might find them some where.

I had the alpine in a golf with a vibe amp and sub, I was very pleased with the quality.

How about the colour have you got it on the red or blue? Our Z's having orange lights how does it look.

has the standard Bose sub got an amp?

I keep on the blue display. It looks fine.

the bose system has its own amp as dave said so you might as well connect is to that and see whats the sound quality like before spending money to find that your over done it. As I said the sound quality on the ausi bose system was great. mind you it had a total of 12 speakers plus the sub at the back.