Ipod with Bose system

uberf1end

In the market for a Zed and, in the absence of a suitable car to pore over, I am planning what I am going to do to it.

I have a little box that allows me to connect an Ipod to my Sony head unit. It simply plugs into the RCAs and CD changer Din (I'm sure most have seen them before). Is it possible to just plug this into the Bose system and connect an Ipod?

Somewhere in the depths of my mind, I had a feeling this was sold as specific to Sony head units so I think I might have to get another. If so, is such a thing available for the Bose or am I going to have to change the head unit.

If I am going to have to change, is that a simple enough job as I know it has the in-dash changer?

If doing anything, I would only really consider option 1. Am I right in thinking the CD changer is integral to the head unit so I would lose that? Also, is it a non-standard size so I will have to put in some sort of plastic frame (no doubt available from Halfords!) around the aftermarket head unit to fit in the cavity?