Bring on the weekend

Hi everyone, just thought I'd drop by to say hello and introduce myself. My name's Adam and I've been visiting this forum for the past few weeks while I make a decision on what car to get next. After test driving far too many cars I've finally made a decision - the 350z! :teeth: None of the other cars I've driven have put a bigger grin on my face.

So... I'll be paying my friendly local Nissan dealer a visit at the weekend to place an order. I can't wait!

I'm looking at an MY06 Coupe with the GT pack in Azure. I haven't fully decided on all the options yet - I'll go through them with the dealer - but most likely simple things like carpet mats, etc.

It's interesting what you say about waiting until the end of the month for the best deals. I didn't think the dealers would give much away - I've heard at most £500. What sort of deals could I expect if I waited?

Well that better than nothing... You may also get them little xtra's thrown in for free ....

There is a couple of dealers on here, one's called 'sales manager' me thinks! Worth getting a quote imo and shopping round :)

All dealers have sales targets for each month, despite it being a zed they still want 2 meet these figures in order 2 receive their bonus :D it's worth more than 3 micra's at the end of the day :D

Thanks for the info - I'll see if I can get in touch with one of them.

Are there any extras you'd recommend having on the car? I like the Nismo kit but I won't be able to get it up my drive without grounding the chin spoiler.

Thanks for the info - I'll see if I can get in touch with one of them.

Are there any extras you'd recommend having on the car? I like the Nismo kit but I won't be able to get it up my drive without grounding the chin spoiler.

One of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Nissan-35 ... dZViewItem

One of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z-350-Z ... dZViewItem

If your not going for the Nismo kit, then front and rear mud gaurds... I have a set forsale, which you can have for a good price :D:D:D

Be aware that although that luggage net will fit, it's not an official one.

The Nissan one is "envelope" style, ie you can put things between 2 layers of webbing - that one is just a single layer of webbing, so chance that smallish things could come out the sides/front/back under excessive cornering/braking/acceleration :p

Other small cosmetic things to think of :-

Most people think the Honda Civic/S2000 aerial is an improvement on the OEM one.

Replace the Nissan burgers with Z badges, various options here.

Front white bumper reflectors to replace the orange ones look good on certain colours ( dark ones imo ).

Aluminium vent trims for the dashboard look good, but are expensive and prone to "lifting" due to curve of dashboard

Aluminium kick plates look nice I think

etc

Performance mods are a lot less straightforward :dry:

Gus

Be aware that although that luggage net will fit, it's not an official one.

The Nissan one is "envelope" style, ie you can put things between 2 layers of webbing - that one is just a single layer of webbing, so chance that smallish things could come out the sides/front/back under excessive cornering/braking/acceleration :p

Other small cosmetic things to think of :-

Most people think the Honda Civic/S2000 aerial is an improvement on the OEM one.

Replace the Nissan burgers with Z badges, various options here.

Front white bumper reflectors to replace the orange ones look good on certain colours ( dark ones imo ).

Aluminium vent trims for the dashboard look good, but are expensive and prone to "lifting" due to curve of dashboard

Aluminium kick plates look nice I think

etc

Performance mods are a lot less straightforward :dry:

Gus

Well spotted Gus, thought it was just a std cheap net...

Yeah defo do the aerial and Z badges...

How straight forward a job is it for the reflectors??? Sorry for the hijack!!!

Just thought I'd drop by to say I ordered my car at the weekend :teeth:

Just got to wait until mid-September for it to be delivered :thumbdown: Oh well - the wait will make it all the sweeter when it arrives.

Just thought I'd drop by to say I ordered my car at the weekend :teeth:

Just got to wait until mid-September for it to be delivered :thumbdown: Oh well - the wait will make it all the sweeter when it arrives.

Top work fella! Will seem like ages but be worth it in the end! :thumbs:

:yahoo::clap: