Very Worried about my Zed

Sarnie

Hi Guys,

I am very worried about my Zed!!!!

On my way to work this morning the 'ESP OFF' light and the skiddy one that comes on when the ESP kicks in both came on and stayed on for the duration of the journey?

Also the red handbrake light came on and off a few times as well. This all happened once or twice over the weekend but thought it was a one off.

Whats up with my Zed???

mine did that once , try switching ignition on and off a few times ,if that doesnt clear it try diconnecting the battery for about 30secs..

This is assuming there is no faults

with you brake systems , (check brake fluid level perhaps ? )

hope this helps :thumbs:

as Tim said turning off and on again the ignition should sort it. Your not the first ;)

I did that once on the way to work but it cam on again! :scare:

try disconnecting battery, if that doesnt work its down to your friendly dealer B)

mine did that once , try switching ignition on and off a few times ,if that doesnt clear it try diconnecting the battery for about 30secs..

I have checked the brake fluid level and its fine. On disconnecting the battery, how do you do this safely (Yes, I am stupid)? Had a quick nose and it looks a bit dodgy as I really don't want to electrocute myself or damage the car!!!!!

I have checked the brake fluid level and its fine. On disconnecting the battery, how do you do this safely (Yes, I am stupid)? Had a quick nose and it looks a bit dodgy as I really don't want to electrocute myself or damage the car!!!!!

I know what Dorian is going to say....... read this :D

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=136

No not yet. I checked the brake fluid earlier and its not that. I disconnected the battery earlier and that seems to have stopped the ESP lights coming on. The only thing happening now is that when you brake hard the handbrake light flash up for a second or two :surrender:

Will try the ECU reset thingy and report that back tomorrow :thumbs:

are you sure your brake fluid level is not slightly low ?? I would just top it up a little to see if this stops warning light coming on under heavy braking as you may be getting fluid surge ..? :thumbs:

glad the battery disconnect worked OK

are you sure your brake fluid level is not slightly low ?? I would just top it up a little to see if this stops warning light coming on under heavy braking as you may be getting fluid surge ..? :thumbs:

glad the battery disconnect worked OK

Yeah battery disconnect went ok to be fair, opened the door as advised! I checked the brake fluid and it seemed to be just above half way i think also, to top it up, I'd have to go and order some :blush:

What do you mean order some !! just go to your local car accessory shop and grab a bottle, and dont shake it up before topping it up.. :thumbs:

Will the standard DOT 3 stuff from halfords do?

have a look in your owners manual for exact grade ,I think its DOT 4 now we use ,not got my book to hand at work :thumbs:

Is she fixed???

I think she may very well be!!! :thumbs: I disconnected the battery and that seemed to get rid of the ESP lights. The hand brake light was still coming on but only under braking. Somebody advised that that may be an indication that the Brake fluid needed topping up. Off I went to Halfords and bought some DOT 4 stuff (Apparently they don't do DOT 3 anymore as DOT 4 has replaced it?). Topped up my brake fluid and low and behold no lights now at all! I've done about 100 miles since the top up and still nothing! ACE :yahoo:

Cheers for all the advice boys!!!! :teeth:

Is she fixed???

I think she may very well be!!! :thumbs: I disconnected the battery and that seemed to get rid of the ESP lights. The hand brake light was still coming on but only under braking. Somebody advised that that may be an indication that the Brake fluid needed topping up. Off I went to Halfords and bought some DOT 4 stuff (Apparently they don't do DOT 3 anymore as DOT 4 has replaced it?). Topped up my brake fluid and low and behold no lights now at all! I've done about 100 miles since the top up and still nothing! ACE :yahoo:

Fingers crossed m8t :D

By the way, how much of a top up???

Is she fixed???

Fingers crossed m8t :D

By the way, how much of a top up???

Not a great deal to be fair. It was hard to tell how full it was so I topped it up to about 0.5cm from the MAX line, and now its all hunky dory!! :thumbs: