An offer from Nissan…

MITZ@CougarStore

Thats a good point, i would certainly be put off if a car i was looking at had an engine replaced. They never seem to drive as well. Although, if Nissan put a really good engine back in with a lot of care and attention, then it shouldn't really be a problem. Also, full documentation from nissan, explaining the reasons behind the swap, and the current mileage of the new engine, with proof, may even help the resale of a higher mileage car.

Also, full documentation from nissan, explaining the reasons behind the swap, and the current mileage of the new engine, with proof, may even help the resale of a higher mileage car.

Would think you're on the money there. Also in the distant, distant distant future, if you were parting a car out, then a newer motor would perhaps be better.

All, I have a serious request, one that was discussed with me yesterday in great length, so I’m putting it forward to the forum.

Nissan are after a Zed engine with mileage over 50,000, this could even be a Zed with mileage which is close to 100,000.

For your engine, you would receive a nearly new engine, which has covered around 9,000 miles, your engine would be swapped by a Nissan garage and on top of this, you would also receive a cash sum, which might be in the region of about £1000,00, again, this would need to be discussed as I’m only relaying information, which was discussed with me yesterday when I had the meeting with Nissan.

I’m asking both online and offline Zed owners, so if this is something that would interest you, please do let me know and I’m happy to forward on more information and put you in touch with Nissan.

Many thanks,

:thumbs:

£1000 cash & a sub 15k engine? that is awesome deal for anyone with close to 100k,

as for affecting the cars value, i would rather buy a 350z with a new engine from Nissan than a z with 100k on the clock. but rather buy one with 50k, fnsh & no engine change

i am assuming the engine Nissan fit will have a warranty?