Plastic Tat Under The Engine

From A to Zed

Hi everyone,

I've noticed a light scuffing noise when driving over those small speed bumps that are narrower than the track of my car. Basically the little ones that prevent fire engines or ambulances from slowing down.

When I got home I had a look under the car and I noticed that the plastic cover under the engine has taken the toll of 50k of driving and looks a bit loose / tired. This was noted on my last service but most of the bolts are rusted / in bad shape so Nissan decided it was too hard o fix

A good friend of mine is a member on Scoobynet (some kind of Nissan Bluebird with a turbocharged beetle engine) and the guys on their forum remove the plastic due to similar issues.

Has anyone removed theirs? I don't know if it has any aerodynamic properties or my engine bay will fill with road grime if do….

I'm hoping to lower my Zed soon so this is only going to get worse.

Thanks,

Matt

As what Darren-B says + it also protects the engine undercarriage from flying debris.

Also it is part of the Aero kit with aerodynamic properties.

It also serves a purpose with air temperature control and heat dispersing in the engine compartment.

If it is sagging in the centre all it will require is a good push up as there are a couple of metal reinforcing strips fixed to the inside of the undertray.

Extra fixing points can easily be added by means of cable ties or self tappers with penny washers.

How ever I run my Z without the tray as I constantly require access to the twin turbo set up. ;)