Japanese import,- what parts avaliability?

rickya

Hi, I am a new member & thinking about the prospect of buying a used 350z in the near future. I have done some research & am quite happy to buy a UK landed import. I know what the differnces are would try to find one with some UK style upgrades e.g. maybe 18" wheels or Brembos or Xenons. I am happy with the fact that I may not get the exact spec I want being used & JDM but if I am saving the initial cost price of approx £4k to £6k I am happy! I can also shop around for Insurance & am not concerned with warranties & servicing-labour costs.

What I dont know is how easy is it get JDM parts for servicing & repairs e.g oil filter; engine bits; ancillaries; etc. I think parts like brakes; springs;shocks;exhausts etc can be replaced for aftermarket ones (Uk supplied) or even UK spec ones when they need changing. But what parts of the car are there that you cannot buy UK spec or aftermarket (Uk supplied). Are there items that you have to source from Japan e.g or is it very straight forward to buy either UK spec or e.g Brembo /Nismo /Eibach /Greedy from Uk suppliers?