Clicking noise

cgomez1978

I know this has been covered a million times but when moving off at speed or if i put my foot down when changing gear im getting a clicking noise. it will click once if im going forward or twice if im reversing. if im driving slow it will be fine. just wanted to know if you guys think it is the clicking axle problem before i fork out for a new axle from JDM. it sounds like a real tinny click it does it when the wheels spin as well. Bristol nissan told me on the phone that it might be the wheel bearings as they very rarely have problems with the axles on these cars :lol::lol:

Mine did something similar from new. Turned out to be ungreased rear drop links on the suspension. As the body shifted under movement the suspension creaked or clicked sharply. Simple grease job cured. Easy to do and worth trying before changing axels etc !

Drop links give a creaky sound - carl, this is defo clicky rear axles. Very tinny, almost sounds like you're driving on broken glass?

I've not bothered fixing it - it causes no promlems long term, its just embarrasing - and you're looking at about £375 for a diy fix if i remember right.