Miles to a tank!!

scottsoulby

I fill up when the light comes on, maybe a few miles later usually.

Off topic: Does anyone else hate the fact the fuel gauge is linked to the dte reading?

IE if you have say a quarter of a tank left and around 90dte, you gun it off a few sets of lights, drops to 70 dte and fuel gauge drops too.

Then get on motorway and dte goes up to 85-90ish again and fuel gauge goes up?

I think the fuel gauge should display exactly whats in the tank at all times and quit bloody fluctuating...

Rant over, think thats about the only thing I dont like about the Z!

i've tryed driving all week at 60 slipstreaming lorrys to work and back, i get about the same as doing 70 and 80, i fill it up as much as it will go, and run it for 30 miles on the ----- and always around 450 miles to a tank. now its winter, i've been gunning it loads and its doing the same as going slower in the summer :D

Hi. New to the forum so forgive the geek-factor please.

I've done a 2000 mile trip to the southern Alps and a 3000 mile round trip in Europe this year in our 07 350z gt and tried a few miles per gallon experiments on the long toll road legs of the journey.

I found that the most economic engine speed is exactly 3000rpm and that I could often get over 500 miles off one tankful (ie tank brimming down to empty, but stil with a few miles to spare.

We only averaged 26mpg over the entire trip, but would have done nearer 35 had it not been for that damn Stelvio Pass getting in the way.

On another occasion we were promised a full tank of fuel by Nissan for a **** up at the Nissan garage and I managed to get £92 into it, when petrol was around £1.12 a litre. This works out at 82 litres, not bad considering its only supposed to be an 80 litre tank.

Hi. New to the forum so forgive the geek-factor please.

I've done a 2000 mile trip to the southern Alps and a 3000 mile round trip in Europe this year in our 07 350z gt and tried a few miles per gallon experiments on the long toll road legs of the journey.

I found that the most economic engine speed is exactly 3000rpm and that I could often get over 500 miles off one tankful (ie tank brimming down to empty, but stil with a few miles to spare.

We only averaged 26mpg over the entire trip, but would have done nearer 35 had it not been for that damn Stelvio Pass getting in the way.

On another occasion we were promised a full tank of fuel by Nissan for a **** up at the Nissan garage and I managed to get £92 into it, when petrol was around £1.12 a litre. This works out at 82 litres, not bad considering its only supposed to be an 80 litre tank.

What speed is it doing at 3000rpm in top gear?