Noobie Looking to Buy a Z.....Please Help??

Venom

Here's a magazine review which tells you about the 2006/2007 upgrades (mostly right)

At a glance:

• More power from higher revving engine (300PS and 6400rpm max)

Surely that's wrong, i'm pretty sure my rev limiter light is set to 6600 on my 276bhp :wacko:

Well here's the thing, I've been personally told by a very reliable source (bigphil) that the early JDM models 2002 - mid 2003 have a different ECU that DOES NOT downgrade any mods. I bought Big Phils old car off him and it was originally a 276bhp model and his guesstimate at current power is 310bhp. (Only unfortunate thing is Big Phil is currently very ill and probably wont be on here again so I cannot back mine/his claims without putting my car on a dyno but that means a lot of ££Â£)

Basically, i think the best engine to get would be a 276 as they have been round the longest so have the most parts/mods yet don't have any known faults unlike the 297's oil drinking. (i think that's right anyway) Haven't heard anything bad about the 309s but as said before there are very little parts/mods for these.

Hope this helps a little ;)

"Prices for the 2006 350Z which is orderable now will start at £26,300. That’s £800 more than the sell out 2005 version but new Z fans will be getting £1700 worth of extra spec including 18-inch RAYS lightweight alloy wheels (previously a £1000 option), bi-xenon headlights, and another 20PS of heart stirring power.

How ghey is that :lol: